February 25th, 2015Prom
If your dream prom dress is gorgeous, fits like a glove and doesn’t break the bank, then you should definitely check out Blush prom styles for 2015. Their designs, inspired by red carpet trends are available in sizes 0 – 30 with attention to detail and quality fabrics that really look great when the spotlight is on you. Want to see more? Here’s
5 Beautiful Blush Prom Gowns for Prom 2015
Blush knows how to take lace and make it look great. This sheer lace long prom dress combines that sexy transparent style, an open back and a flowing chiffon skirt into a dress to remember. With pastels so trendy this year, the icy blue is a fabulous choice.
For those who seek more power in their color, Blush offers thisbeaded one shoulder dress in persimmon, aqua, azalea and iris. Matching the dramatic colors with rhinestone details, the cut of this floor length gown is truly sensational. The one shoulder wraps across the open back for an eye catching look that’s striking. This prom gown will sparkle on you.
Looking for a long prom gown with tiny beads? This Blush dress features curling lines of bicone, bugle and puffed rectangles for an radiant style with a delicate touch. Some of this beading highlights sheer panels while other embellished areas cover the chiffon fabric. Simply gorgeous!
Love the two piece trend that is raging in prom dresses this year? The definitely consider the Blush 2 piece sheer layer dress This gown features a beaded top with clear and colored beads that coordinate with the pastel colors available in this trendy Blush style.
Drama reigns with this sexy Blush prom dress. Once again, lines of tiny beads add drama to the fitted formal gown. Intricate cut outs at the back mix jersey and sheer panels for a prom look that will definitely turn heads.
What’s your dream prom dress? Did you find a beautiful Blush gown that made those dreams come true?Tags: beaded prom dress, Blush formal dresses, lace prom dress, long prom gowns, open back formal dresses
February 23rd, 2015Celebrity Dresses
The 2015 Oscars sparked plenty of fashion controversy, but Lady Gaga got unanimous thumbs up for her two fabulous white dresses designed by Azzedine Alaïa. Both her red carpet gown and the Sound of Music Medley performance showcased the designs of this epic French couturier.
The possibilities of white formal gowns seem are definitely expanding! Here’s
5 Stunning White Evening Dresses
Rachel Allan’s white ball gown captures Gaga’s dreamy style. With an airy white organza full floor length skirt, the deep V back and front covered with shimmering beads, this white dress could inspire anyone to break out into song!
Love the delicate look, but want to bag the full skirt? Then take a peek at La Femme’s white lace gown. Featuring a beautiful cut out back and a body conscious slim floor length skirt, this strapless gown is elegant, delicate and yet very confident.
Taking cues from vintage glamour Oscar fashions, Mignon’s white formal dress blends shimmering drape, sheer cap sleeves and cascading lines of beads for a striking style. Subtle details like the shirred bodice are understated yet stand out in the crowd.
Lady Gaga would definitely approve of this Alyce beaded 2 piece white gown. Ingenious use of sheer fabric creates a transparent crop top back. The bias cut full skirt is just as dramatic as the beaded cap sleeve top. This white dress is fabulous for the adventurous stylist.
My last white gown pick uses organza and beading, but channels a more delicate style. Mignon’s white spaghetti strap evening gown uses crystals to highlight details on the bodice and waistline of this floor length dress. While slim cut at the hip, strategic pleats create a full organza skirt for a dreamy walk across the red carpet.
White is definitely not only for weddings any more. Would you channel your monster spirit in a white formal gown?Tags: Alyce Paris dress, La Femme formal dresses, Mignon formal gowns, Rachel Allan dresses, white formal gown
Are you shopping online for your prom gown? You’re thinking about style, color and price, but don’t forget about fit! Consider these
5 Tips for a Perfect Prom Dress Fit
- Know your measurements. …not just what size you wear in your favorite brands. Before shopping for your prom gown, get out a measuring tape, put on “foundational” lingerie similar to what you’d wear for this special occasion. For example, if you want a strapless gown, wear a strapless bra. Pull out a measuring tape and have someone else take your measurements. PromGirl has a great video on how to take your measurements. Write these measurements down. You’ll need your measurements to determine the best match for the dresses you love. Even if you plan on shopping a designer you already know, check the sizing for each dress. If the online vendor doesn’t provide sizing information, call them for customer assistance. If they can’t help you, don’t order! Check out my post on smart online prom dress shopping.
- Analyze each prom dress for where fit matters the most. Is there a flared long skirt on your favorite formal dress? Then concentrate on the best fit for your bust. Does the gown an open back? Then perhaps the hip may be the most important. Is there beading on the waist? Then definitely pay attention to a good fit at the waist, as beading weighs down the fabric, requiring a more precise fit. Don’t forget to look at the length. Hemming a dress is usually an easy option, but beaded edgings may complicate that process.
- Consider the corset formal dress Today’s prom gown trends reveal many beautiful corset gowns. The advantage of the lace up closure is a perfect fit! This is oh so important on strapless dresses, especially if you plan on dancing a lot. Here’s a gorgeous silver lace corset gown that allows a personalized fit.
- Consider slinky knit jersey in a prom gown. Knits aren’t just for your favorite t-shirts any more. Jersey knit formal dresses drape beautifully. That contemporary formal gown look can blend with other prom trends like beading, cut outs and vintage glamour. Designers understand the forgiveness of knits as well as the comfort. This open back dress by Alyce Paris captures prom dress trends with knits beautifully
- Find a good tailor. If you love the dress and know alterations are in your future, you may want to share a link to your favorite dress with the person who will do the alterations. They can help you decide on the correct size. If you don’t know someone who can do the alterations, ask around, check the Better Business Bureau for your area or find a member of the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals.
Time to get measured! Time to shop! Have fun online shopping for your dream prom dress.
The Grammy Awards bring daring, fashion forward evening dresses onto viewing screens world wide. Stars flaunt their style, striding confidently in glamourous gowns while we critique, consider and copy their fashion sense.
Which formal dress trends would you take with you from the 2015 Grammys?
Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande interpreted cut outs in very different ways on the Grammy red carpet. Whether you want to focus on the shoulders, sides or back, evening dresses get a whole new shape with a cut out. This Faviana sequin gown keeps the focus on a long, slim line with side cut outs that extend around the back and its halter neck. No matter where the camera, this evening dress give you a great view.
Beyonce, Jessie J and Chrissie Tiegen all chose black lace for their red carpet statement. Black lace is sexy, very formal and still offers plenty of opportunities to make the dress yours. Mori Lee uses black lace with scattered sequins to create a sexy, sporty interpretation of the black lace gown. A sheer lace panel covers the back and curves down the center of this slim skirt of this dramatic formal dress. Godets allow the lace to flair at the short train… this lace gown is perfect for the red carpet!
Pour the champagne! All the glitters may not be gold, but metallic fabrics and sequins sparkled on the Grammy red carpet this year. Celebrities like Rita Ora, Lady Gaga and Kim Kardashian definitely caught the camera with their metallic gowns. This strapless mermaid gown would be perfect runway material for your special occasion. Sheer metallic fabrics and narrow bands of sequins give all of the energy like a popping champagne court to punctuates any special night.
Sheer layers gave an osé style to celebrities like Katy Perry and Kat Graham. JVN by Jovani has a totally fabulous sheer evening gown covered in gold beads that definitely will put you on the charts for best dressed at your formal dance, prom or gala ball.
There were other eye catching gowns on the runway at the 2015 Grammy Awards, but these four trends are ones that you and I could pull off. Which would you try first?Tags: black lace dress, formal dresses with side cut outs, metallic formal dress, sheer evening gowns